MURDERED ARMENIAN BUSINESSWOMAN'S INJURED BODYGUARD ALSO DIES IN MOSCOW
- MOSCOW. - Armenian businesswoman Irina Ziroyan's bodyguard died in a Moscow hospital on Thursday evening.
The doctors had informed that the injuries, which the man had sustained, were life threatening, NTV News Agency reported.
As Armenian News-NEWS.am informed earlier, Armenian businesswoman Irina Ziroyan was killed near Tanuki Restaurant in Moscow. According to the latter's employees, the 52-year-old business lady had finished her dinner and hurried to a business meeting. But when she came out of the restaurant with her bodyguard, she was shot dead at the spot. Her bodyguard is in critical condition, Life News reported. Ziroyan was the Director General of VarshavskyTradeCenter, the Tanuki Japanese restaurant chain, and owned a beauty salon. Law enforcers claim the crime seems to be a contract killing, RIA Novosti reported.
- 0 Vardanants Day of the Armenian Apostolic Church Calendar.
- 1902 Stepan Shahoomyan organizes a student strike at the Polytechnic Institute in Riga (Estonia). As a consequence, he is exiled to the Caucasus.
- 1916 "The Armenians and the War" magazine was publishing in Odessa from March to the following February .
- 1917 Creation of the Provisional Russian Government.
- 1931 Birth of the German orientalist and armenologist Alfred Gutschmidt. His studies focussed on the sources of Khorenatsi and Agathangeghos.
- 1931 Birth of Mikhail Gorbachov, the first and last President of the Soviet Union.
- 1981 Start of operations for Yerevan's subway. In 2001 it extends over 12 kilometers and has 10 stations.
- 1992 Armenia becomes a member of the United Nations.