ARMENIAN SINGERS CALL TO BOYCOTT EUROVISION IN BAKU
- YEREVAN. - A group of famous Armenian singers applied to the Armenian Public Television calling them not to send a participant for Eurovision Song Contest 2012 to Baku.
As it is stated in their message, they refuse to perform in a country where mass pogroms of Armenians were organized and were hatred towards Armenians reached state level.
They call the Armenian Public Television to not send a participant to Baku.
The singers announce that they are ready to participate in the song contest any time, if the European Union of Broadcasters decided to move the contest to another country, where peace and harmony will rule as it was during the Junior Eurovision in Yerevan, where Azerbaijan refused to participate.
The message is send to Armenia's Public Television and the European Union of Broadcasters.
To note, Eurovision Song Contest 2012 will be held in Baku on May 26.
- 1Armenian News-NEWS.am presents the article of Peter Mullen which had been published in the Daily Telegraph: The current head of al-Qaeda al-Zawahiri announced that his terrorist organization will support ...
- 1901 Death of Stepan Oskanyan (public figure). He was born in 1825.
- 1923 Death of Grigor Chilinkiryan (public figure and translator) in Smyrna. He was born in 1833.
- 1925 Birth of Manouk Atoyan (engineer) in Javakhk (Georgia). He died in 1998.
- 1932 First issue of the "Literary Newspaper" of the Federation of Soviet Writers of Armenia.
- 1959 Establishment in Yerevan of the Union of Cultural Relations with Eastern Arabian Countries.