AZERBAIJAN'S STATEMENTS ON LARGE-SCALE EXERCISE ARE DECLARATIVE
- YEREVAN.- Azerbaijan's exercise in frontline and PR campaign over the maneuvers is intended for Azerbaijani public and the Armenian side, military expert Artsrun Hovhannisyan told journalists on Thursday.
Commenting on military exercise planned by the Azerbaijani side near the line of contact with the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, the expert said there is still no precise information on maneuvers. Azerbaijani press describes the maneuvers as "unprecedented" and "large-scale" and it is nothing but a publicity stunt, he added.
The expert does not share opinion that the war games are preparation for military aggression and large-scale provocation. According to him, such statements are declarative and have no strategic ground.
- 1Armenian News-NEWS.am presents the article of Peter Mullen which had been published in the Daily Telegraph: The current head of al-Qaeda al-Zawahiri announced that his terrorist organization will support ...
- 1901 Death of Stepan Oskanyan (public figure). He was born in 1825.
- 1923 Death of Grigor Chilinkiryan (public figure and translator) in Smyrna. He was born in 1833.
- 1925 Birth of Manouk Atoyan (engineer) in Javakhk (Georgia). He died in 1998.
- 1932 First issue of the "Literary Newspaper" of the Federation of Soviet Writers of Armenia.
- 1959 Establishment in Yerevan of the Union of Cultural Relations with Eastern Arabian Countries.