REPUBLICAN PARTY OF ARMENIA WILL TRY TO WIN MAJORITY IN PARLIAMENT
- YEREVAN.- Republican Party of Armenia (RPA) will try to win a majority of seats in the parliament, head of RPA parliamentary group Galust Sahakyan said.
He stressed that, RPA has many candidates for the post of premier but will name them after the elections.
Asked about former Speaker and current head of RPA campaign headquarters Hovik Abrahamyan, head of RPA group emphasized he is happy that the journalists are missing Mr. Abrahamyan.
"He is spending all his time at the RPA headquarters," he added.
Galust Sahakyan noted that many public opinion surveys had been conducted so far and there is no need in new ones.
The party is ready to form a new coalition with a political force to solve the existing problems, he concluded.
- 1Armenian News-NEWS.am presents the article of Peter Mullen which had been published in the Daily Telegraph: The current head of al-Qaeda al-Zawahiri announced that his terrorist organization will support ...
- 1901 Death of Stepan Oskanyan (public figure). He was born in 1825.
- 1923 Death of Grigor Chilinkiryan (public figure and translator) in Smyrna. He was born in 1833.
- 1925 Birth of Manouk Atoyan (engineer) in Javakhk (Georgia). He died in 1998.
- 1932 First issue of the "Literary Newspaper" of the Federation of Soviet Writers of Armenia.
- 1959 Establishment in Yerevan of the Union of Cultural Relations with Eastern Arabian Countries.