ARMENIAN PARTICIPANTS AT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLCHILDREN'S OLYMPIAD WILL BE AWARDED
- YEREVAN. - Monetary awards will be presented to those students who represented Armenia at the international schoolchildren's olympiad—on Physics, Mathematics, and Informatics—which was held in Almaty, Kazakhstan, in January.
The awards will be presented by the Youth Foundation of Armenia.
A total of 343 participants from 54 teams of 18 countries took part in the olympiad, where Armenia was represented by the students from Yerevan State University-affiliated School of Physics and Mathematics.
The Armenian schoolchildren won one gold and four bronze medals in the individual competitions, and they received an olympiad certificate in the team championship.
- 1Armenian News-NEWS.am presents the article of Peter Mullen which had been published in the Daily Telegraph: The current head of al-Qaeda al-Zawahiri announced that his terrorist organization will support ...
- 1901 Death of Stepan Oskanyan (public figure). He was born in 1825.
- 1923 Death of Grigor Chilinkiryan (public figure and translator) in Smyrna. He was born in 1833.
- 1925 Birth of Manouk Atoyan (engineer) in Javakhk (Georgia). He died in 1998.
- 1932 First issue of the "Literary Newspaper" of the Federation of Soviet Writers of Armenia.
- 1959 Establishment in Yerevan of the Union of Cultural Relations with Eastern Arabian Countries.