AZERBAIJAN CONTINUES TO VIOLATE CFE TREATY
- YEREVAN.- Azerbaijan continues to violate the Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe (CFE), Armenian military expert Artsrun Hovhannisyan told the journalists on Thursday.
The Azerbaijani side does not even hide that it is violating regulations of the treaty. For instance, Azerbaijani leadership openly says they had purchased 250 war planes, while only 100 are allowed under the treaty.
"The point is whether CFE is effective. Many countries, including Armenia, are implementing the treaty but it should be reviewed, particularly in the context of existing conflicts," he said.
- 1Armenian News-NEWS.am presents the article of Peter Mullen which had been published in the Daily Telegraph: The current head of al-Qaeda al-Zawahiri announced that his terrorist organization will support ...
- 1901 Death of Stepan Oskanyan (public figure). He was born in 1825.
- 1923 Death of Grigor Chilinkiryan (public figure and translator) in Smyrna. He was born in 1833.
- 1925 Birth of Manouk Atoyan (engineer) in Javakhk (Georgia). He died in 1998.
- 1932 First issue of the "Literary Newspaper" of the Federation of Soviet Writers of Armenia.
- 1959 Establishment in Yerevan of the Union of Cultural Relations with Eastern Arabian Countries.