KARABAKH HEAD OF STATE CONDEMNS TERRORISM AGAINST ABKHAZIA LEADER
- STEPANAKERT. - Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR) President Bako Sahakyan condemned Wednesday's terroristic act committed against the leader of Abkhazia, Alexander Ankvab.
"Your Excellency, I am deeply indignant at the assassination attempt against you, as the President of the Republic of Abkhazia. Those who perpetrated this shocking crime, which was essentially an encroachment upon the statehood of the Republic of Abkhazia and which aimed at destabilizing the situation in the Republic, deserve the most severe punishment. The people and authorities of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic absolutely condemn this outrageous terroristic act and express their solidarity and support to you and the people of brotherly Abkhazia," reads Sahakyan's message in this regard, Office of NKR President informed Armenian News-NEWS.am.
- 1Armenian News-NEWS.am presents the article of Peter Mullen which had been published in the Daily Telegraph: The current head of al-Qaeda al-Zawahiri announced that his terrorist organization will support ...
- 1901 Death of Stepan Oskanyan (public figure). He was born in 1825.
- 1923 Death of Grigor Chilinkiryan (public figure and translator) in Smyrna. He was born in 1833.
- 1925 Birth of Manouk Atoyan (engineer) in Javakhk (Georgia). He died in 1998.
- 1932 First issue of the "Literary Newspaper" of the Federation of Soviet Writers of Armenia.
- 1959 Establishment in Yerevan of the Union of Cultural Relations with Eastern Arabian Countries.