ARMENIA'S PM GIVES AUTOGRAPHED BOOKS TO OPPOSITION MPS - NEWSPAPER
- YEREVAN. - Armenian PM Tigran Sargsyan recently gave a noteworthy present to a group of MPs, Zhoghovurd daily writes. According to the information provided by Zhoghovurd's sources, he sent books, autographed "From the Republic of Armenia PM Tigran Sargsyan," to the Members of Parliament.
"According to our sources, the PM did this because February 19, the birth anniversary of [the great Armenian poet and writer] Hovhannes Tumanyan, is declared book-giving day in Armenia. The books which Sargsyan gave are from the field of psychology and philosophy. But Sargsyan's books were primarily sent to representatives of the opposition [parliamentary] factions. The most noteworthy, however, is another circumstance: the price of the book is written in pencil at the end of the book," Zhoghovurd writes.
- 1Armenian News-NEWS.am presents the article of Peter Mullen which had been published in the Daily Telegraph: The current head of al-Qaeda al-Zawahiri announced that his terrorist organization will support ...
- 1901 Death of Stepan Oskanyan (public figure). He was born in 1825.
- 1923 Death of Grigor Chilinkiryan (public figure and translator) in Smyrna. He was born in 1833.
- 1925 Birth of Manouk Atoyan (engineer) in Javakhk (Georgia). He died in 1998.
- 1932 First issue of the "Literary Newspaper" of the Federation of Soviet Writers of Armenia.
- 1959 Establishment in Yerevan of the Union of Cultural Relations with Eastern Arabian Countries.