US TARGETED AT DESTABILIZING SITUATION IN SOUTH CAUCASUS - POLISH EXPERT
- Destabilization of the South Caucasus is within the U.S. plans and will be realized through the American Greater Middle East project, Polish expert Mateusz Piskorski told Armenian News-NEWS.am. According to him, it will be more real if the ruling regime in Syria falls.
"After the regime falls, a real war will be launched. Syria is the key partner of Iran in the region and Iran's position will weaken if Syria's authorities fall. Furthermore, the events will reflect into the South Caucasus," the expert said.
According to him, behind all this is Washington's desire to weaken Russia and then China. The Greater Middle East project will allow the U.S. to achieve geo-political advantages and increase its influence in the Central Asia, rich in hydrocarbons.
Asked how the 'victim' states should resist Washington on the background of escalating situation around Iran and intensifying situation in Syria, the expert stressed that Iran is better to get the support of Russia and China and explain Europe that Iran's weakening counteracts Europe's interests. As for the South Caucasus, including Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan, those states should decrease political and economic influence of the U.S., as well try to settle the conflicts by themselves and not through mediators, the expert concluded.
- 1Armenian News-NEWS.am presents the article of Peter Mullen which had been published in the Daily Telegraph: The current head of al-Qaeda al-Zawahiri announced that his terrorist organization will support ...
- 1901 Death of Stepan Oskanyan (public figure). He was born in 1825.
- 1923 Death of Grigor Chilinkiryan (public figure and translator) in Smyrna. He was born in 1833.
- 1925 Birth of Manouk Atoyan (engineer) in Javakhk (Georgia). He died in 1998.
- 1932 First issue of the "Literary Newspaper" of the Federation of Soviet Writers of Armenia.
- 1959 Establishment in Yerevan of the Union of Cultural Relations with Eastern Arabian Countries.