PM PRESENTS ARMENIA'S ECONOMIC POLICY
- YEREVAN. - Armenian PM Tigran Sargsyan was on hand at the operative gathering of the Armed Forces' senior officials, which was held at MOD. During the event Sargsyan presented the country's economic policy and responded to the questions.
Noting that an export-oriented industrial strategy was designed for the first time ever in Armenia's history, PM said that the objective of this policy will be to carry out investment programs. "Job creation will be the target of the new industrial branch policy," he said, the Government Press Service informed Armenian News-NEWS.am.
In Sargsyan's words, the program's second main direction will be agriculture. The Government will continue its programs for subsidizing the acquirement of seeds, diesel fuel, and fertilizers. Also, the farms will be given the opportunity to obtain agricultural equipment by way of low-interest-rate loans, or on the basis of leasing.
The Premier informed that from now on the Government will also provide funding to create jobs and enable education accessibility for the able members of socially disadvantaged families.
Together with MOD, a program is designed whereby the state will assist the military servicemen in deciding on their future goals. "That is, the state will be obligated to finance the education of the youth being discharged [from the military]," Armenia's PM stated.
Reflecting on a balanced regional development in Armenia, Tigran Sargsyan said that hereafter the capital investments will be directed to the country's regions.
Separately, Defense Minister Seyran Ohanyan awarded PM Sargsyan the Armenian Armed Forces 20th Anniversary Medal for his continuous attention toward the Armed Forces.
- 1728 Death of General Davit Bek.
- 1862 Defense of Van against Turkish exactions and terrorism.
- 1904 Birth of Abraham Alikhanov in Tbilisi (Georgia). He became a physicist and an academician of the USSR. In 1940, he organized the first expedition to Mount Elbrus to explore Cosmic Rays. He made many basic discoveries in this area.
- 1908 Inauguration of the Ulukhanlu-Julfa railroad.
- 1936 Death of Alexander Tamanyan (architect) in Yerevan. He was born in 1878.
- 1940 Death of public figure Stepan Yessayan. He was one of the founders of "Pan-National" Cultural Organization of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party.
- 1988 The Autonomous Region (oblast) of Nagorno Gharabagh applies to the Supreme Soviets of Armenia, Azerbaijan and the USSR to consider and resolve positively the question of handing over Nagorno Karabagh from Soviet Azerbaijan to Soviet Armenia.
- 1988 The Regional Council of Deputies from Artsakh decides to be reintegrated with Armenia.