ARMENIAN MP WANTS TO SEE POLITICAL FIGURES, NOT ONLY EXPERTS IN NEW CABINET
- YEREVAN. - Armenian ministers should be political figures and not just qualified experts, MP from ruling Republican Party of Armenia Vardan Ayvazyan told the journalists on Monday.
The MP commented on his expectations from the upcoming parliamentary elections in May. A new cabinet of ministers will be formed after the elections.
"It is natural that MPs may be appointed as ministers," Ayvazyan said.
The MP does not expect that the newly formed coalition government will undergo considerable changes.
"Besides, parliament and off-parliament opposition powers ARF Dashnaktsutyun and Armenian National Congress will have seats in the National Assembly as well," he concluded.
- 1728 Death of General Davit Bek.
- 1862 Defense of Van against Turkish exactions and terrorism.
- 1904 Birth of Abraham Alikhanov in Tbilisi (Georgia). He became a physicist and an academician of the USSR. In 1940, he organized the first expedition to Mount Elbrus to explore Cosmic Rays. He made many basic discoveries in this area.
- 1908 Inauguration of the Ulukhanlu-Julfa railroad.
- 1936 Death of Alexander Tamanyan (architect) in Yerevan. He was born in 1878.
- 1940 Death of public figure Stepan Yessayan. He was one of the founders of "Pan-National" Cultural Organization of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party.
- 1988 The Autonomous Region (oblast) of Nagorno Gharabagh applies to the Supreme Soviets of Armenia, Azerbaijan and the USSR to consider and resolve positively the question of handing over Nagorno Karabagh from Soviet Azerbaijan to Soviet Armenia.
- 1988 The Regional Council of Deputies from Artsakh decides to be reintegrated with Armenia.