POTENTIAL WAR WILL BE LAST ONE FOR AZERBAIJAN, NEXT IN TURN FOR ARMENIA - RUSSIAN ANALYST
- YEREVAN. - During the international conference, which was held last week in Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR) capital, Stepanakert, and devoted to the 20th anniversary of NKR's declaration, the German delegate had noted that those who imposed a blockade against Armenia and Karabakh came to understand that the people of NKR and Armenia seem to have adapted to the blockade and are able to develop under such conditions, the ruling coalition's Republican Party of Armenia Parliamentary (RPA) Faction Secretary Gagik Melikyan said during a press conference on Monday.
According to Melikyan, the German delegate had also highlighted that if the people of Armenia and Karabakh were able to develop and live under these conditions, a new format needs to be designed, and Azerbaijan and Turkey must understand that the blockade process has failed.
As per Gagik Melikyan, the delegates from Greece and Germany, and some delegates from Russia had delivered very impressive presentations during the conference. Turkey was invited to the event, but it had not sent any delegate.
RPA MP, however, informed that the presentation by the Russian analyst Kolerov was not to his liking. The reason for this was that, according to Melikyan, Kolerov had put himself in the place of Russian authorities and attempted to dictate his view on all discussants. Also, Kolerov had made a war prediction and noted that a potential war would be the last one for Azerbaijan, but the next in turn for Armenia.
- 1728 Death of General Davit Bek.
- 1862 Defense of Van against Turkish exactions and terrorism.
- 1904 Birth of Abraham Alikhanov in Tbilisi (Georgia). He became a physicist and an academician of the USSR. In 1940, he organized the first expedition to Mount Elbrus to explore Cosmic Rays. He made many basic discoveries in this area.
- 1908 Inauguration of the Ulukhanlu-Julfa railroad.
- 1936 Death of Alexander Tamanyan (architect) in Yerevan. He was born in 1878.
- 1940 Death of public figure Stepan Yessayan. He was one of the founders of "Pan-National" Cultural Organization of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party.
- 1988 The Autonomous Region (oblast) of Nagorno Gharabagh applies to the Supreme Soviets of Armenia, Azerbaijan and the USSR to consider and resolve positively the question of handing over Nagorno Karabagh from Soviet Azerbaijan to Soviet Armenia.
- 1988 The Regional Council of Deputies from Artsakh decides to be reintegrated with Armenia.