AZERBAIJAN HOLDS MILITARY EXERCISE IN KARABAKH CONFLICT ZONE
- BAKU. - The Azerbaijani Armed Forces launched military exercise in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone, Azerbaijani Defense Ministry press service informs.
"Azerbaijani army launched whole-scale military exercise on the frontline, including Land and Air forces headed by Azerbaijani Minister of Defense Safar Abiyev," the release reads.
The trainings will last till the end of this week, the modern weapons acquired by the Azerbaijani Army will be used, RIA Novosti reports.
- 1728 Death of General Davit Bek.
- 1862 Defense of Van against Turkish exactions and terrorism.
- 1904 Birth of Abraham Alikhanov in Tbilisi (Georgia). He became a physicist and an academician of the USSR. In 1940, he organized the first expedition to Mount Elbrus to explore Cosmic Rays. He made many basic discoveries in this area.
- 1908 Inauguration of the Ulukhanlu-Julfa railroad.
- 1936 Death of Alexander Tamanyan (architect) in Yerevan. He was born in 1878.
- 1940 Death of public figure Stepan Yessayan. He was one of the founders of "Pan-National" Cultural Organization of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party.
- 1988 The Autonomous Region (oblast) of Nagorno Gharabagh applies to the Supreme Soviets of Armenia, Azerbaijan and the USSR to consider and resolve positively the question of handing over Nagorno Karabagh from Soviet Azerbaijan to Soviet Armenia.
- 1988 The Regional Council of Deputies from Artsakh decides to be reintegrated with Armenia.