SOME ROADS ARE CLOSED IN ARMENIA
- YEREVAN. - Armenia's interstate highways, local roads, and mountain passes are drivable, for the most part, as of Wednesday 3 p.m.
There is hidden ice on some road sections, Rescue Service informed Armenian News-NEWS.am.
The Alagyaz-Tsaghkahovit Highway is difficult to pass due to blizzard.
Selim Mountain Pass and the Berd-Chambarak Highway are closed.
Snow removal and road cleaning are in progress.
And according to the information received from Georgia's Emergency Situations Department, as of Wednesday 12 p.m., travel at Georgia's Mtskheta-Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway, which leads to the Armenian border, is prohibited for trailers, semi-trailers, and buses seating more than thirty passengers. Traffic is solely permitted for other vehicles with chained wheels, and for four-wheel drive automobiles.
- 1YEREVAN. - Armenia's Education and Science Minister Armen Ashotyan seems to be determined to bring to Armenia the pagan goddess Anahit's bronze head from the British Museum in London, Haykakan Zhamanak ...
- 1810 Headed by Hakob Shahan Jrpetian, the Chair of the Armenian Language is created, at the School of Oriental Languages in Paris.
- 1885 Birth of Ruben Sevak (poet). He died in 1915.
- 1903 The French public figure, Jean Jaures, gives a speech criticizing the European countries' position on the Armenian Genocide organized by Sultan Abdul-Hamid.