ARMENIAN, DUTCH OFFICIALS DISCUSS COOPERATION PROSPECTS
- YEREVAN.- Secretary of Armenia's National Security Council Arthur Baghdasaryan received on Wednesday Klaas van der Tempel, Dutch MFA's Special Representative for the Eastern Partnership countries.
The sides discussed prospects for new initiatives and programs of cooperation between Armenia and the Netherlands, as well as implementation of reforms in Armenia in accordance with the EU standards.
The new Armenia-EU cooperation program for 2012-2013 includes 170 proposals, Baghdasaryan said.
In his turn, Klaas van der Tempel expressed satisfaction with the Armenian authorities' decisiveness to carry out the reforms in accordance with the EU standards, which is stated in the international agencies as well. He also stressed importance of the work of EU parliamentary group in Armenia, expressing readiness to assist the important processes.
During the meeting held with the participation of the Netherlands' Ambassador to Armenia Peter Ian Langenberg, the oficials also discussed wide range of international and regional problems.
- 1YEREVAN. - Armenia's Education and Science Minister Armen Ashotyan seems to be determined to bring to Armenia the pagan goddess Anahit's bronze head from the British Museum in London, Haykakan Zhamanak ...
- 1810 Headed by Hakob Shahan Jrpetian, the Chair of the Armenian Language is created, at the School of Oriental Languages in Paris.
- 1885 Birth of Ruben Sevak (poet). He died in 1915.
- 1903 The French public figure, Jean Jaures, gives a speech criticizing the European countries' position on the Armenian Genocide organized by Sultan Abdul-Hamid.