NEW HEAD OF OSCE YEREVAN OFFICE WILL GIVE NEW IMPETUS TO OFFICE - ARMENIAN SECURITY COUNCIL SECRETARY
- YEREVAN. - Armenia's National Security Council (NSC) Secretary Arthur Baghdasaryan received Tuesday Ambassador Andrei Sorokin, the newly appointed Head of the OSCE Office in Yerevan.
Congratulating Sorokin on his appointment, Baghdasaryan expressed a hope that during his tenure the Ambassador will give a new impetus to the activities of the OSCE Office in Yerevan, NSC Press Service informed Armenian News-NEWS.am.
In his turn, Andrei Sorokin expressed a readiness to stimulate the ongoing activities and to assist in deepening OSCE-Armenia cooperation.
The interlocutors also discussed a wide array of regional and international issues.
- 0 Feast Day of Jesus Christ's Presentation to the Temple.
- 1882 Birth of philologist Haykanoosh Marrk. She died in 1966.
- 1911 Constantinople's Armenian Patriarch Hovhannes Arsharuni, in a letter to Turkey's Minister of Justice, informs him about the illegal actions of the Turkish officials in the Armenian provinces, including murders and confiscation of property.
- 1921 The mobile village theater, led by Amo Kharazyan, starts its activity in Gharakeeleessa (Vanadzor).
- 1995 The CIS Media Agencies Directors' Committee is created in the course of the CIS Inter- Assembly Meeting.