INTERNAL AUDIT DEPARTMENTS TO BE SET UP AT ARMENIA'S MINISTRIES
- YEREVAN. - Internal audit departments are being established within Armenia's executive power system. And during the Government's session on Thursday, the administration will approve the setting up of such departments at the Agriculture, Economy, and Energy and Natural Resources ministries.
Pursuant to Armenia's Law on Internal Audit, either such departments must be established, or an audit must be conducted, in all state agencies.
There already are auditors in many of the country's ministries, but their number is not enough to meet the requirements imposed by the Law.
- 0 Feast Day of Jesus Christ's Presentation to the Temple.
- 1882 Birth of philologist Haykanoosh Marrk. She died in 1966.
- 1911 Constantinople's Armenian Patriarch Hovhannes Arsharuni, in a letter to Turkey's Minister of Justice, informs him about the illegal actions of the Turkish officials in the Armenian provinces, including murders and confiscation of property.
- 1921 The mobile village theater, led by Amo Kharazyan, starts its activity in Gharakeeleessa (Vanadzor).
- 1995 The CIS Media Agencies Directors' Committee is created in the course of the CIS Inter- Assembly Meeting.