VICTORY OF ASSAD REGIME WILL PUT WEST IN UNCOMFORTABLE SITUATION - RUSSIAN EXPERT
- Russia cannot do much to prevent invasion to Syria by the coalition of individual Western countries and Arab Countries, head of the Black Sea-Caspian center of Russia's Institute for Strategic Studies Eduard Popov told the reporter of Armenian News-NEWS.am.
"The naval station in the Syrian Tartous solves other problems and cannot be regarded as the last 'argument of kings' in the uprising against Syria. The case of Lebanon showed that if necessary the Western coalition will violate the decision of the UN Security Council and realize an invasion. I think that scenario is possible," Popov mentioned.
According to the experts, all these developments are most of all connected with Iran, as Syria is providing security for Iran.
- 0 Feast Day of Jesus Christ's Presentation to the Temple.
- 1882 Birth of philologist Haykanoosh Marrk. She died in 1966.
- 1911 Constantinople's Armenian Patriarch Hovhannes Arsharuni, in a letter to Turkey's Minister of Justice, informs him about the illegal actions of the Turkish officials in the Armenian provinces, including murders and confiscation of property.
- 1921 The mobile village theater, led by Amo Kharazyan, starts its activity in Gharakeeleessa (Vanadzor).
- 1995 The CIS Media Agencies Directors' Committee is created in the course of the CIS Inter- Assembly Meeting.