YEREVAN CITY HALL ASKS FOR CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES' ASSISTANCE IN SNOW REMOVAL
- YEREVAN. - Snow removal activities in Armenia's capital Yerevan commenced on Tuesday evening and continued all through the night.
A total of 163 special equipment, and around 190 tons of salt and 440 m3 of sand were used. All of Yerevan City Hall's corresponding machinery was put to use.
In addition, Yerevan's construction companies answered to the City Hall's call to assist in the snow removal activities, and they, too, provided corresponding equipment.
Snow removal is still in progress, City Hall Press Service informed Armenian News-NEWS.am.
- 2YEREVAN. - Armenians are not allowed admission to most of Armenia's clubs and places of entertainment which belong to Iranians, Iravunk newspaper writes. "If Armenian youth attempt to enter a [Persian] ...
- 1806 General Tshitshianov is murdered in Baku.
- 1895 Constantinople's Armenian Patriarch, Matevos Izmirlian, in a letter to Turkey's Minister of Justice, informs him, in detail, of the illegal actions of Turks in the Armenian Provinces, including the murders and deportations of the Armenians.
- 1914 The Great Powers and Turkey sign an Armenian Improvements Project. The Dutch official, Westenenk and the Norwegian envoy, Hoff arrive in Constantinople as observers. Because of the start of the First World War, the agreement remains a dead letter.
- 1915 The Young Turks' "Union and Progress" Committee creates a special Sub-Committee for organizing deportations and genocide of the Armenians in Turkey.
- 1918 Death of Dr. Vaheh Minassian the translator Hayneh.