YEREVAN, TBILISI HAVE POTENTIAL FOR DEVELOPING RELATIONS - YEREVAN MAYOR
- YEREVAN. - Yerevan and Tbilisi have a huge potential for developing partnership relations, Armenian capital Yerevan's Mayor Taron Margaryan said during his meeting, on Friday, with the Georgian Ambassador, Tengiz Sharmanashvili.
Giving a high assessment to Armenian-Georgian relations, the Mayor stressed that the two people's friendship and their traditions are a basis for further developing and expanding the partnership ties among the cities of the two friendly countries. Taron Margaryan also underscored the need for experience exchange in the local government domain, Yerevan City Hall Press Service informed Armenian News-NEWS.am.
In his turn, Ambassador Sharmanashvili assured the Mayor that he would do his utmost to assist in the joint programs between Yerevan and Georgian cities, and in the business interest projects.
- 571 Popular uprising against Persia and the constraints of Zoroastrianism. Under the command of General Vartan the Second, the Persian forces were expelled.
- 1878 Birth of philologist Zabel Yessayan.
- 1916 Russian forces occupy Karin (Erzroom, Western Armenia).
- 1922 Confirmation of the First Constitution of the Armenian SSR.
- 1926 Death of Johannes Lepsius, Christian leader who tried to inform the world about the Armenian Genocide committed by Turks. He was born in 1858.
- 1952 Death of Hakob Manandarian, historian and philologist. He was born in 1873.