ARMENIAN MP CRITICIZED IN OWN PARTY, WHILE PRAISED BY OPPONENTS
- YEREVAN. - Instead of the skirmish between Ruling Republican Armenia (RPA) party and ruling coalition member Prosperous Armenia Party (PAP), RPA sees an elective process with competition, where any political power desires to win, RPA spokesperson Gagik Melikyan said at a press conference on Friday.
To the remark of the journalists that PAP MP Vardan Bostanjyan has said PAP will support candidacy of Serzh Sargsyan, while other PAP members hurried to reject and say it is Bstanjyan's personal viewpoint, Melikyan said that he does not believe there is a change in the PAP disposition.
"PAP is a coalition member and has not disagreed officially for the coalition memorandum. Hence, what Bostanjyan states, is in accordance with the PAP party, as it is still a coalition ally," Melikyan said.
- 571 Popular uprising against Persia and the constraints of Zoroastrianism. Under the command of General Vartan the Second, the Persian forces were expelled.
- 1878 Birth of philologist Zabel Yessayan.
- 1916 Russian forces occupy Karin (Erzroom, Western Armenia).
- 1922 Confirmation of the First Constitution of the Armenian SSR.
- 1926 Death of Johannes Lepsius, Christian leader who tried to inform the world about the Armenian Genocide committed by Turks. He was born in 1858.
- 1952 Death of Hakob Manandarian, historian and philologist. He was born in 1873.