THERE IS NO CHILD PROSTITUTION IN ARMENIA - POLICE FORCE
- YEREVAN. - In 2011, 54 cases of sexual violence against minors were recorded in Armenia, Police Force representative, Police Colonel Nelli Duryan stated during a press conference on Friday.
Also, she did not agree with the assertion that most sexual violence cases occur among needy families. "It is just that sometimes such families are ready to speak about it. Our people's mentality assumes that such incidents are family affairs," Duryan noted.
She also informed that in 2011 Armenia's law enforcement agencies did not record any cases of child pornography on the Internet.
With respect to the query as to strange-content websites' accessibility to children, the Police Colonel said this is under the parents' responsibility. And in regard to child prostitution, Nelli Duryan stressed: "We can say that such phenomenon virtually does not exist in Armenia. But there is another problem linked with the girls' conduct." She added that such girls lead an unbridled lifestyle.
- 571 Popular uprising against Persia and the constraints of Zoroastrianism. Under the command of General Vartan the Second, the Persian forces were expelled.
- 1878 Birth of philologist Zabel Yessayan.
- 1916 Russian forces occupy Karin (Erzroom, Western Armenia).
- 1922 Confirmation of the First Constitution of the Armenian SSR.
- 1926 Death of Johannes Lepsius, Christian leader who tried to inform the world about the Armenian Genocide committed by Turks. He was born in 1858.
- 1952 Death of Hakob Manandarian, historian and philologist. He was born in 1873.