ARMENIAN GOVERNMENT WILL NOT CHANGE STATE BUDGET
- YEREVAN. - Armenian Government has no intentions to review the State Budget-2012 or to shift economic policy despite existing problems in Euro zone, Armenian Minister of Finance Vache Gabrielyan told the journalists on Thursday.
According to him, the budget index for January was very high. Moreover, economic activity is not concerning as well.
"There are some significant macroeconomic dangers from Euro zone especially, which naturally can affect Armenia through Russia. We do not need to run an urgent review. We do not reject the problems but believe they may not be substantive," Gabrielyan said.
- 891 Death of King Ashot Mets (the Great), founder of the Bagratooniants Dynasty.
- 1852 Karapet Utoojian publishes the "Massiss" weekly in Constantinople.
- 1856 Birth of Armenian conductor and teacher, Makar Yekmalyan in Vagharshapat. His works play an important role in the formation of a national musical education.
- 1885 Birth of Vahan Teryan (poet) in Gandza (Akhalkalak, Georgia). He died in 1920.
- 1885 Birth of Kostan Zaryan (writer). He died in 1969.
- 1894 Birth of Vagharsh Vagharshyan (Vagharshak Ter-Petrosyan), famous actor, dramatist, film producer, and public figure.
- 1904 Start of the Russo-Japanese War.
- 1907 Death of Meekayel Tshaprastee, actor and dance instructor.
- 1961 Death of academician and armenologist, Hovhannes Orbelee.