IFFHS. BARCELONA WORLD'S BEST CLUB
- The International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS) published the rating of world football clubs. Barcelona remains the first. Real Madrid is in the second , while Velez Sarsfield is ranked the third.
1 Barcelona (Spain) - 359 points
2 Real Madrid (Spain) - 302
3 Velez Sarsfield (Argentina) - 271
4 Manchester United (England) - 260
5 Manchester City (England) - 241
6 Santos (Brazil) - 238
7 Universidad de Chile (Chile) - 234
8 Universidad Catolica (Chile) - 230
9 Benfica (Portugal) - 222
10 Schalke 04 (Germany) - 221
- 891 Death of King Ashot Mets (the Great), founder of the Bagratooniants Dynasty.
- 1852 Karapet Utoojian publishes the "Massiss" weekly in Constantinople.
- 1856 Birth of Armenian conductor and teacher, Makar Yekmalyan in Vagharshapat. His works play an important role in the formation of a national musical education.
- 1885 Birth of Vahan Teryan (poet) in Gandza (Akhalkalak, Georgia). He died in 1920.
- 1885 Birth of Kostan Zaryan (writer). He died in 1969.
- 1894 Birth of Vagharsh Vagharshyan (Vagharshak Ter-Petrosyan), famous actor, dramatist, film producer, and public figure.
- 1904 Start of the Russo-Japanese War.
- 1907 Death of Meekayel Tshaprastee, actor and dance instructor.
- 1961 Death of academician and armenologist, Hovhannes Orbelee.