ARMENIAN-FRENCH ELECTRONIC DICTIONARY TO BE CREATED
- BUCHAREST- The Principal of Yerevan State Linguistic University prof. Suren Zolyan and the Director of the Bureau for Central and Eastern Europe of the Francophone University Agency (AUF - L'Agence universitaire de la Francophonie) Mr. Abderrahmane Rida signed an agreement on creating a special open access Armenian-French electronic dictionary.
As a partner to establishments for higher education and research who have chosen French as their teaching language, the AUF proposes several cooperation programs, in particular designed to support research and education in French. By the support of AUF, the Francophone Digital Center of Information which is the only one in Armenia functions at YSLU.
Nowadays, the abovementioned dictionary has a great demand among the linguists and translators and will be elaborated and fulfilled by YSLU MA degree best students.
- 1Turkey is accusing France for its bill that criminalizes the denial of genocides, including the Armenian Genocide, stressing that this is a violation of the freedom of speech, but it disregards the fact ...
- 1BUCHAREST- The Principal of Yerevan State Linguistic University prof. Suren Zolyan and the Director of the Bureau for Central and Eastern Europe of the Francophone University Agency (AUF - L'Agence universitaire ...
- 1914 After long negotiations and a bitter diplomatic stuggle, the Russo-Turkish Treaty on Western Armenian reforms is finally signed in Constantinople.
- 1920 Armenia was formally recognized by European countries.
- 1922 The first Yerevan State Dramatic theatre was opened. It was named the Soondookian Theatre after 1937.
- 1926 Opening of the First Exhibition of Armenian Fine Arts in Yerevan.
- 1951 Death of philologist Zabel Boyajian.