ARMENIAN ARMY ENJOYS GREAT AUTHORITY ABROAD - OFFICIAL
- YEREVAN. - Armenian Army enjoys great authority abroad, head of the parliamentary commission on defense, national security and internal affairs Hrayr Karapetyan said at a press conference on Thursday. The press conference was dedicated to the 20th anniversary of the establishment of the Army, celebrated on Jan. 28.
According to him, Armenia deserved it as a result of participating in peacekeeping missions in Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan. Karapetyan said that he had met with the NATO representatives, who once again made appraisal of the Armenian peacekeepers. According to international partners, the Armenian peacekeepers are known for exemplary behavior and high professionalism.
He also said that Armenia successfully develops cooperation within the framework of CSTO, where the Armenian Armed Forces again showed best results. This is certified by our partners, he added.
Currently Armenia participates in a peacekeeping mission in Kosovo as a part of Greek battalion and in Afghanistan under the German command.
- 1Turkey is accusing France for its bill that criminalizes the denial of genocides, including the Armenian Genocide, stressing that this is a violation of the freedom of speech, but it disregards the fact ...
- 1BUCHAREST- The Principal of Yerevan State Linguistic University prof. Suren Zolyan and the Director of the Bureau for Central and Eastern Europe of the Francophone University Agency (AUF - L'Agence universitaire ...
- 1914 After long negotiations and a bitter diplomatic stuggle, the Russo-Turkish Treaty on Western Armenian reforms is finally signed in Constantinople.
- 1920 Armenia was formally recognized by European countries.
- 1922 The first Yerevan State Dramatic theatre was opened. It was named the Soondookian Theatre after 1937.
- 1926 Opening of the First Exhibition of Armenian Fine Arts in Yerevan.
- 1951 Death of philologist Zabel Boyajian.