© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1868 Birth of the national public figure and diplomat Tigran Kelekyan in Caesaria. The Shah of Persia awarded him the title of Khan and appointed him ambassador in the USA. After the Genocide of the Armenians by the Turks in Adana (1909), he founded the Kelekyan Orphanage. He also assisted Matisse, Picasso, Braque, and the Ladies' School Assistance Committee.
- 1870 Birth of actor Grigor Avetian. He died in 1946.
- 1910 Birth of Hrachia Kochar (writer). He died in 1965.
- 1918 The "Word of the Worker" newspaper is published in Baku.
- 1920 The First Conference of Armenian Communist Organizations takes place in Yerevan.
- 1920 The Paris Peace Conference recognizes, de facto, the Republic of Armenia.