TURKISH HOSTEL TO BE OPENED IN ARMENIAN TUMANYAN'S HOUSE-MUSEUM IN GEORGIA
- YEREVAN. - House-museum of Armenian famous writer Hovhannes Tumanyan in Tbilisi, Georgia will be sold, Armenian community in Tbilisi informs Armenian News-NEWS.am.
Part of the house-museum was sold to a businessman in 1990s, who is going to sell it to a Georgian-Turkish company Geo Turan. The latter will build a hostel for Turkish citizens. The company has offered Tumanyan's grand-grandchild Alain Tumanyan to sell the other part, however, received a negative response.
Armenian Ministry of Culture expects information from Georgia to understand the situation and take corresponding measures, head of the Ministry press service Gayane Durganyan told Armenian News-NEWS.am.
- -356 Birth of Alexander the Great. Although the borders of his empire did not include Armenia, his cultural legacy was deeply felt in Armenia.
- 1892 Birth of the Armenian-French writer Hratsh Zardaryan.
- 1894 Birth of writer Mateos Zarifian.
- 1906 Birth of architect Hrayr Isabekyan in Igdir.
- 1924 The former Military Administration Square is renamed Lenin Square. Presently, it is Republic Square.