AZERBAIJAN HAMPERS ARRANGEMENT TO INVESTIGATE INCIDENTS IN FRONTLINE - ARMENIAN MFA
- YEREVAN.- Azerbaijan is hampering finalizing the arrangement on investigation into incidents in the line of contact, Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian said at a Monday press conference.
Recalling that the arrangement was reached during the last year meeting of presidents in Sochi, Nalbandian said the arrangement was supported by the international community. However, Azerbaijan is hampering its implementation and creation of investigation mechanisms, rejecting all the proposals of the mediators.
Moreover, during the discussions of OSCE budget and financing to create the mechanisms, the Azerbaijani side opposed the initiative warning to use its right of veto on the entire budget.
Nevertheless, Armenian FM expressed hope that the talks will continue and arrangements on investigation mechanisms will be finalized. The Minister stressed that investigation will enable not only to punish those responsible for the incidents, but help preventing from the new ones.
- -356 Birth of Alexander the Great. Although the borders of his empire did not include Armenia, his cultural legacy was deeply felt in Armenia.
- 1892 Birth of the Armenian-French writer Hratsh Zardaryan.
- 1894 Birth of writer Mateos Zarifian.
- 1906 Birth of architect Hrayr Isabekyan in Igdir.
- 1924 The former Military Administration Square is renamed Lenin Square. Presently, it is Republic Square.