© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1795 Birth of Alexander Griboyedov, Russian writer, diplomat, and Armenia's friend. He was the first Russian writer, who, based on historical circumstances, became well-informed about the Armenian people.
- 1855 Publication of the "Masseatss Aghavnee" (pigeon of Masis) magazine in Paris. Editor - G. Aivazovski.
- 1903 Birth of Shmavon Arushanian in the Lacheen region. He was Agriculture Commissar of the Armenian Peoples' Committee, President of Leninakan's Regional Party Committee, and headed the Presidency of the Supreme Soviet Council of the USSR.
- 1916 Birth of artist, sculptor, and ceramist Hripsimeh Simonian in Kars (Western Armenia).
- 1931 Celebration of the first decade of the Armenian Artillery Division.
- 1959 Yerevan's population reaches 509340, according to the Census.
- 1990 The Armenian forces control the Azeri Turk village of Kiark. It has a strategic position in the Ararat region.
- 1990 The USSR Supreme Soviet installs Viktor Polianichko (Azerbaijans Communist Party Deputy Leader) as head of the Republic Organizational Committee. In order to do away with Artsakhs Armenian majority, military action takes place from January 1991 to May 1991 to expel the Armenians from 24 Armenian villages and the subsequent occupation of half of Artsakhs territory by the Azeri Army.
- 1990 The Supreme Soviet of the USSR proclaims, without foundation, an emergency situation in Artsakh and Goris.