TURKEY WANTS TO BUILD 2,500-KM-RANGE MISSILES
- Yucel Altunbasak, Chairman of the Scientific & Technological Research Council of Turkey, informed news reporters that they, together with the Institute of Defensive Industry, are continuing the testing of, and the range expansion activities for, Turkish-made long-range missiles.
Altunbasak also noted that this year they will continue to test 300-km-range missiles, and, by the end of the year, they will start testing 500-km-range missiles. He also informed that they will carry out activities toward building 1,500-km- and, subsequently, 2,500-km-range missiles, too, Zaman daily of Turkey informs.
- 1832 The opening of Yerevan's Provincial School.
- 1899 Death of the Egyptian diplomat and philanthopist Noobar Pasha. He was born in 1825.
- 1912 Yerevan's water-mains system is inaugurated.
- 1916 Carl Liebknecht said in the Reichstag: "The Turkish government organized horrific massacres of the Armenians. The whole world knows about this and for this crime the whole world blames Germany".
- 1921 Opening of the first meeting of Yerevan's and Echmiadsin's provincial teachers.
- 1922 Death of Anton Gosh, a participant in the assassination attempt of Yildiz.
- 1930 Birth of Edgar Hovhannissyan (composer).
- 1969 Creation of the Masseess region in Armenia.