TURKISH SCHOOLS NOT TO INCLUDE QUESTION ON ARMENIANS' ‘CRUELTIES' IN EXAM QUESTIONNAIRES
- ANKARA. - The question on Armenians' 'cruelties' is not included in the Turkish schools exam questionnaires due to numerous complaints.
The question offending Armenians, sent by National Education department of Bakirkoy district in Istanbul, was not included in the school exam questionnaires, Turkish Vatan reports.
Former head of the Confederation of Public Workers' Unions (KESK) Sami Evren who was present at the exam opposed expressions containing racism and discrimination and left the school. He stated it is not right to hold exam containing such questions.
"It is not only wrong to speak about documents on 'cruelties perpetrated by the Armenians' but also address schoolchildren with such question. It is equal to the expression 'you have perpetrated cruelties'. What would a Turkish student feel if he was called 'Turk barbarian' in German school?" he wonders.
- 1832 The opening of Yerevan's Provincial School.
- 1899 Death of the Egyptian diplomat and philanthopist Noobar Pasha. He was born in 1825.
- 1912 Yerevan's water-mains system is inaugurated.
- 1916 Carl Liebknecht said in the Reichstag: "The Turkish government organized horrific massacres of the Armenians. The whole world knows about this and for this crime the whole world blames Germany".
- 1921 Opening of the first meeting of Yerevan's and Echmiadsin's provincial teachers.
- 1922 Death of Anton Gosh, a participant in the assassination attempt of Yildiz.
- 1930 Birth of Edgar Hovhannissyan (composer).
- 1969 Creation of the Masseess region in Armenia.