FIRST COMPETITION OF ‘UNMANNED AIRCRAFTS' TO TAKE PLACE IN ARMENIA
- YEREVAN. - The Union of Information Technology Enterprises announces 2012 as competition year of 'unmanned aircrafts' in the framework of Armenian open tournament of robots (ArmRobotics). The participants must design and create devices that will be able to survey the area during the flight, to understand signs of positioning, to send online images, to find special target, to throw a load of 300 grams at the target and to return to the starting point.
The robot can be constructed in any way: VTOL (vertical take-off and landing), CTOL (conventional take-off and landing), STVOL (short vertical take-off and landing). The take-off and landing of the robot can be controlled automatically as well as remote.
Applicants can register on the website and must present the robot's thorough design and plan ten days after the registration.
The competition is organized by The Union of Information Technology Enterprises. It is sponsored by VivaCell-MTS, the technical sponsor is 'ArtinVaruzhan' company. Armenian MOD and Microsoft innovation center support the competition as well.
- 1832 The first Armenian newspaper of Constantinople "Lragir Metsi Terutian Osmanian" was published until 1883.
- 1858 Publication of "Hyusisapayl" newspaper by S. Nazariants in Moscow (it lasted until 1864).
- 1860 Publication, in Tbilissi, of the "Krunk Hayots Ashkharhi" (Crane of the Armenian World) periodical. The editor was M. Aghabekyan.
- 1865 First publication of the "Sion" Periodical, the Armenian Patriarch of Jerusalem's official organ.
- 1878 Russian forces occupy the district of San-Stefano in Constantinople.
- 1883 First publication of the children's illustrated Eastern-Armenian "Aghbyoor" magazine in Tbilissi (editor T. Nazarian).
- 1887 Birth of the scholar, linguist, professor and author Arakel Arakelian in Askeran.
- 1897 Birth of Anna Aslan (Aslanian), physician, geriatrician, academician, professor in Romania. She founded the geriatric school in Romania.
- 1912 Birth of linguist, philologist Dr. Prof. Sahak Bazian in Western Armenia (Shatakh).
- 1913 Birth of philologist and linguist Dr. Prof. Grigor Grigorian in Ghookasavan (Masseess region).
- 1919 Death, in Western Europe, of K. Kostanian, author, philologist and historian. His works deal with medieval Armenian history, pagan beliefs, and armenology.
- 1920 The publication of Constantinople's Extraordinary Military Court's statement on the perpetrators of the murder and deportation of Kharbert's Armenians.
- 1923 Birth of sculptor Khachatoor Iskandarian in Yerevan.
- 1925 Birth of Marcel Martirosian in Marseilles. He was a Doctor of Technical Sciences.
- 1933 Birth of Dr. Karlen Karamian in Yerevan. He was a civil engineer.
- 1976 Yervand Kochar is awarded the title of Peoples' Artist of the USSR.
- 1990 Start of the massacres and expulsion of 200000 Armenians in Baku by forces of the Baku-Moscow axis.