SEVERAL ARMENIAN OFFICIALS RECEIVE DIPLOMATIC DEGREES
- YEREVAN. - With the decree of Armenia's President, Serzh Sargsyan, several officials received the diplomatic degree of extraordinary envoy and plenipotentiary minister, the Presidential Press Office informed Armenian News-NEWS.am.
These officials specifically are:
Presidential Staff member Artak Apitonyan; MFA official Vardan Asoyan; Garnik Badalyan of Armenia's Embassy in Iran; Armenia's Ambassador to Turkmenistan, Vladimir Badalyan; Armenia's Mission Chief at NATO, Armen Yedigaryan; MFA official Anahit Tovmasyan; Ruben Kharazyan of Armenia's Embassy in Iraq; Armenia's Ambassador to India, Ara Hakobyan; FM Advisor and Acting CIS Department Chief, Armen Ghevondyan; and Armenia's Ambassador to Georgia, Hovhannes Manukyan.
- 1832 The first Armenian newspaper of Constantinople "Lragir Metsi Terutian Osmanian" was published until 1883.
- 1858 Publication of "Hyusisapayl" newspaper by S. Nazariants in Moscow (it lasted until 1864).
- 1860 Publication, in Tbilissi, of the "Krunk Hayots Ashkharhi" (Crane of the Armenian World) periodical. The editor was M. Aghabekyan.
- 1865 First publication of the "Sion" Periodical, the Armenian Patriarch of Jerusalem's official organ.
- 1878 Russian forces occupy the district of San-Stefano in Constantinople.
- 1883 First publication of the children's illustrated Eastern-Armenian "Aghbyoor" magazine in Tbilissi (editor T. Nazarian).
- 1887 Birth of the scholar, linguist, professor and author Arakel Arakelian in Askeran.
- 1897 Birth of Anna Aslan (Aslanian), physician, geriatrician, academician, professor in Romania. She founded the geriatric school in Romania.
- 1912 Birth of linguist, philologist Dr. Prof. Sahak Bazian in Western Armenia (Shatakh).
- 1913 Birth of philologist and linguist Dr. Prof. Grigor Grigorian in Ghookasavan (Masseess region).
- 1919 Death, in Western Europe, of K. Kostanian, author, philologist and historian. His works deal with medieval Armenian history, pagan beliefs, and armenology.
- 1920 The publication of Constantinople's Extraordinary Military Court's statement on the perpetrators of the murder and deportation of Kharbert's Armenians.
- 1923 Birth of sculptor Khachatoor Iskandarian in Yerevan.
- 1925 Birth of Marcel Martirosian in Marseilles. He was a Doctor of Technical Sciences.
- 1933 Birth of Dr. Karlen Karamian in Yerevan. He was a civil engineer.
- 1976 Yervand Kochar is awarded the title of Peoples' Artist of the USSR.
- 1990 Start of the massacres and expulsion of 200000 Armenians in Baku by forces of the Baku-Moscow axis.