KARABAKH CONFLICT TRANSFORMED TO INTERNATIONAL PROBLEM - IRANIAN SPEAKER
- Turkey and Iran are Muslim, fraternal countries, therefore coordination is necessary for seeking solution to the regional problems, Iranian Speaker Ali Larijani told Anadolu agency ahead of his visit to Turkey.
Commenting on settlement of the Karabakh conflict, Larijani reminded of the OSCE Minsk Group engaged in the peace process.
"As far as I know Azerbaijan wants to reach solution within this format," he said.
However, Larijani considers that the regional states are better to solve regional problems.
"The Karabakh conflict has transformed into an international problem but Iran is ready to make its contribution to the settlement of the conflict. No one's interests should be damaged while tackling this problem, it is very important," he said.
As regards joint efforts of Ankara and Tehran on the issue, Larijani said positions of both states are close but to the certain point.
- 1846 The second Russian - Armenian "Kovkas" newspaper was published with the initiative of Father Hakob Karinian and P. Mikayel. It was published until 1848, in Tbilisi.
- 1903 The Tsar confirms the confiscation and nationalization of Armenian Church property and estates.
- 1904 Death of Bishop Mambreh Markosian, painter and monk of Jerusalem.
- 1933 Yerevan's tramway service is inaugurated.
- 1945 Opening of the First Congress of Creative Artists in Yerevan.
- 1945 Opening of the first conference of Armenian composers.
- 1951 Entry into force of the UN Convention on Genocide in accordance with article 13.