IF TEHRAN BLOCKS STRAIT OF HORMUZ WAR IS TO BREAK OUT - EXPERT
- Iran will not block Strait of Hormuz, director of the Russian/Eurasian Program, German Council on Foreign Relations Alexander Rahr told Armenian News-NEWS.am.
"If Tehran makes that move, war will break out," Rahr said.
The expert mentioned that the West will never allow overlapping such an important artery. The expert pointed out that Iran signed interstate agreements due to which the Strait practically became international.
"The Strait of Hormuz is a transit zone. No one will allow blocking it, that is for sure," Rahr said.
- 1846 The second Russian - Armenian "Kovkas" newspaper was published with the initiative of Father Hakob Karinian and P. Mikayel. It was published until 1848, in Tbilisi.
- 1903 The Tsar confirms the confiscation and nationalization of Armenian Church property and estates.
- 1904 Death of Bishop Mambreh Markosian, painter and monk of Jerusalem.
- 1933 Yerevan's tramway service is inaugurated.
- 1945 Opening of the First Congress of Creative Artists in Yerevan.
- 1945 Opening of the first conference of Armenian composers.
- 1951 Entry into force of the UN Convention on Genocide in accordance with article 13.