ARF DASHNAKTSUTYUN DESIGNATES PERSON IN CHARGE OF ITS PRE-ELECTION ACTIVITIES - NEWSPAPER
- YEREVAN. - Armenia's opposition ARF Dashnaktsutyun Party has not formed an election headquarters, and a headquarters chief is not designated, Yerkir daily writes.
"ARF [Supreme Body] SB also informed us that during ARF SB's meeting yesterday [Tuesday], ARF SB Chairman Mikayel Manukyan was designated as person in charge of the [upcoming parliamentary] elections' organizational activities. To note, [the ruling coalition's] [Republican Party of Armenia] RPA and [Rule of Law Party] RLP have already designated headquarters chiefs. As it is already known, RPA headquarters will be led by [former Parliament Speaker] Hovik Abrahamyan, and RLP headquarters, by [the Party's Parliamentary Faction leader] Heghine Bisharyan," Yerkir writes.
- 1921 Drastamat Kanayan (Dro), Supreme Commander of the Armenian Army, together with a group of Armenian officers, is exiled from Armenia. He died in 1956, in the USA.
- 1924 Creation of the "Girk" (book) publishing house in Yerevan, under the direction of Martiros Saryan.
- 1936 The Komitas String Quartet earns the First Place at the USSR Chamber Ensemble Competition.
- 1942 The 390th Armenian division is formed in the Kerch peninsula under Colonel S. Zakyan. The 409th division, reinforced by Armenian soldiers and officers in Armenia, is renamed the Armenian Division under the command of A. Vassilyan.