BURNED CORPSE FOUND IN ARMENIA'S CAPITAL
- YEREVAN. - Burned corpse was found at 10.40 a.m. on Saturday near Shilan LLC in Silikyan district of Yerevan, Armenia.
It was revealed that the guard room of the company with the guard Rafik M, 77, was burned, Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations informs.
- 1YEREVAN. - One of the streets near Azatutyun Avenue in Yerevan is still full of trash since New Year, Armenian News-NEWS.am correspondent reports adding one of the inhabitant's claims that no one had ...
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1824 Birth, in Constantinople, of the author Archbishop Arsen Aytenian, of the Mkhitarist Congregation.
- 1825 Birth of Armenian linguist, philologist, and the future Head Abbot of the Mkhitarist Congregation of Vienna, Arsen Aytnyan.
- 1828 End of the two-month reconciliation negotiations of Dehkhrak.
- 1880 Birth of director Arshak Burdjalyan in Astrakhan (Russia). He was one of the founders of the Armenian school of theater directors.
- 1915 The Central Council of the Social Democrat (Hntshak) Party in Paris appeals to the world to save the Armenians of Western Armenia (living under Turkish misrule) from the danger of annihilation. The Armenian Genocide of about one million Armenians started some four months later.
- 1920 Death of writer Vahan Terian.
- 1925 Opening of the Martiros Saryan exhibition in Paris.
- 1984 President Francois Mitterand of France gives a speech condemning the Armenian Genocide.
- 1994 Horadiz is retaken by the Artsakh forces.