© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1816 The "Arevelian Tsanutsmunk" weekly was published in Astrakhan. It was the first periodical in Eastern Armenian.
- 1896 Birth of People's Artist, Havassee (Armenak Markosyan) in Ayazma (Georgia). He developped blindness at the age of three and had eight sisters. He studied with the famous troubadour, Teefeelee.
- 1908 Death of writer Smbat Shahaziz. He was born in 1840.
- 1911 Birth of the Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor Karapet Karamyan in Nakhijevan.
- 1930 Opening of the Research Institute of Yerevan State University.
- 1932 Opening of the National Minorities' Women Deputies State Conference in Yerevan.
- 1945 Publication of the "Sasna Tsrer" epos in China as translated by the authoress Go Bao Tsyoon.
- 1959 Death of Academician Karo Halabian, Soviet architect. He was born in 1897.
- 2001 Death of Vladimir Grigorian, philologist, professor and linguist. He was one of the first to invent a translation machine in the USSR. He was born in 1928.