ANOTHER ROBBERY ATTEMPT CASE SOLVED IN YEREVAN
- YEREVAN. - Armenian News-NEWS.am received information that the Police Force has solved yet another uproarious crime. This time it is this April's attack on the Police Force Internal Troops car that was transporting salaries in the capital Yerevan.
According to our information, this attack was carried out on the instruction of an Internal Troops employee, who had also involved his father in the attack. Our sources inform that five people, including the father and son, are arrested.
On April 27 armed men attacked the Police Force Internal Troops car that was transporting salaries to a military unit. The total salary was around 97 million drams (approx. $253,024). First, the criminals created the imitation of an accident, then attempted to steal from the vehicle - and at gunpoint - the bag full of money from the car, but they were unsuccessful. The Internal Troops officer inside the car directed his gun at them, and the panicking criminals fled.
- 1829 General Paskevich creates a secret committee in Tbilissi (Georgia) to write the Armenian Church's statutes.
- 1865 Birth of Panos Terlemezyan (artist). He died in 1941.
- 1917 The Council of the People's Commissariat of Soviet Russia promulgates a decree on Western Armenia.
- 1940 Death of Arshak Jemalian, a prominent member of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party.