MANY EUROPEAN STATES MAY BOYCOTT EUROVISION-2012 IN BAKU
- PARIS. - Many European States hesitate to participate in the Eurovision-2012 song contest to be held in Baku, Azerbaijan, as a result of the dictatorship of the state, Nouvelles d`Arménie reports. Poland and Island have already declared of rejecting their participations. Armenia still hesitates, as a result of the risk of delegation security.
The number of those rejecting their participation in the contest may get doubled next week, Azerbaijani Poligon agency reports. The reason is Azerbaijani regime, which fairly considers a dictatorship.
Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, France, Denmark, Germany and Luxemburg are hesitating to participate as Azerbaijani citizens and journalists are arrested for freedom of speech. If those claims are confirmed, the contest will be just a platform to display the Azerbaijan and will become a failed demonstration of luxury of the corrupted leaders of the black gold.
- 1829 General Paskevich creates a secret committee in Tbilissi (Georgia) to write the Armenian Church's statutes.
- 1865 Birth of Panos Terlemezyan (artist). He died in 1941.
- 1917 The Council of the People's Commissariat of Soviet Russia promulgates a decree on Western Armenia.
- 1940 Death of Arshak Jemalian, a prominent member of the Armenian Revolutionary Federation Party.