JOB SCARCITY MAIN REASON FOR MIGRATION FROM ARMENIA
- YEREVAN. - The main reasons for migration in Armenia are of a socio-economic character. A survey conducted by 'Progressive social technologies' NGO and supported by OSCE shows that. 93.5 percent of those who were asked stated employment problems as a reason for migration.
46.5 percent pointed out that there is no jobs in the country, 43 percent complained from low salaries.
13.1 percent of them are working migrants, 1.7 percent are economically active male and female population of Armenia. Half of them are 21-40 years old, the other half are 41-60 years old.
More than 75 percent of the migrants have secondary education, while around 20 percent have high education.
93 percent of them have migrated to Russia for work. Migration to other countries is insignificant.
- 1346 Birth of Greegor Tdatevatsee (philosopher, public and church figure). He died in1409.
- 1409 Death of Greegor Datevatsee (philosopher, public and church figure). He was born in 1346.
- 1849 Birth of Petros Adamyan (actor) in Constantinople. He died in 1891.
- 1907 Turkey's opposition parties are invited to Paris to meet the representatives of the "Armenia", "Razmik" and "Hayrenik" newspapers.