TURKEY MUST RECOGNIZE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE AND APOLOGIZE - TURKISH SOCIALIST
- ANKARA. - The 1915 events correspond to the Genocide definition, adopted by the UN in 1945, head of Turkish Revolutionary Socialist Workers' Party (DSIP) Doğan Tarkan said on Monday.
He stated that the Turkish nationalists, who spoke against the bill adoption on penalizing the Armenian Genocide by the French National Assembly, did not respond to what happened with 1.5 million Armenians in 1915.
"Denial is the last page of the Genocide. We call to struggle against the racism, national discrimination and the denial of the Genocide. Turkey must recognize and apologize," Doğan Tarkan stated.
Earlier, French National Assembly (lower house) passed the bill on penalizing the Armenian Genocide on December 22.
- 1346 Birth of Greegor Tdatevatsee (philosopher, public and church figure). He died in1409.
- 1409 Death of Greegor Datevatsee (philosopher, public and church figure). He was born in 1346.
- 1849 Birth of Petros Adamyan (actor) in Constantinople. He died in 1891.
- 1907 Turkey's opposition parties are invited to Paris to meet the representatives of the "Armenia", "Razmik" and "Hayrenik" newspapers.