COPPER RESERVES IN ARMENIA TOTAL AROUND 8 MLN TONS
- Demonstrated resources of copper in Armenia total 8 mln metric tons. Head of Natural Resoruces Agency of the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resorces of Armenai Khachik Saponjyan told Armenian News - NEWS.am that measured and indicated resources (A, B, and C1 by Armenian calssification) total 7978,5 thousand tons. Inferred resources (С2 category) are equal to 754,1 thousand tons. The entire calculated resources thus are 8732,6 thousand tons.
About 65%, or 5706,8 thousand tons, are currently non economic, mining of which is not commercially viable under today's conditions.
Hypothetical resources, under P1 category,are approximately 11 thousand tons.
The largest copper deposit in Armenia is Kajaran copper-molybdenum field, operated by "Zangezur copper molybdenum combine" CJSC, with about 5220 thousand tons of copper. The second largest is Teghout copper-molybdenum deposit, (1500 thousand t Cu), the license of which belongs to Vallex Group. Stripping works are scheduled to start at Teghout at the end of the 1Q 2012, and mining is planned to start in the 2nd half of 2013.
- 1After the adoption of the bill criminalizing denial of Armenian Genocide, the head of Turkey's Cooks Federation Zeki Acikoz came up with an announcement. He issued a statement saying Turkish cooks and ...
- 1868 Death of Father Arsen Bagratoonee, writer and author of "Haik Dyootsazn".
- 1900 Lenin publishes the first number of the "Iskra" newspaper in Leipzig (Germany).
- 1908 Birth of Yoosoof Karsh. He is an Armenian portrait photographer in Ottawa (Canada).
- 1952 Death of Anton Gazeli, writer and publicist.
- 1964 The Armenian SSR creates the districts of Artik, Gugark, Kamo, and Hrazdan.