ARMENIAN COMPANY MANAGER IS CHARGED WITH TAX EVASION
- YEREVAN. - Armenia's Chief Prosecutor's Office launched a criminal case against Gloria Food Company's manager, on charges of tax evasion.
The Company's manager, so as not to pay the value added tax (VAT) for the expired goods that were written off in October 2008, did not present a VAT account, for that month, to the tax authorities, and as a result he did not pay in excess of 4 million drams (approx. US$ 10,454) to the state budget, Chief Prosecutor's Office Press Service informed Armenian News-NEWS.am.
- 1876 Sultan Abdul Hameed publishes the first Ottoman Constitution.
- 1928 Birth of Hovhannes Chekijyan (choirmaster) in Constantinople.
- 1952 Death of Aram Antonian. He was born in 1875.
- 1994 Robert Kocharyan is elected the first President of Independent Artsakh.