KARABAKH NEW WAR NOT SOLUTION EVEN FOR AZERBAIJAN - OSCE MEDIATOR
- YEREVAN. - Nagorno-Karabakh conflict may not have a military settlement, OSCE Minsk Group off going French Co-Chair Bernard Fassier said at a press conference on Wednesday.
The diplomat stressed the role of media in cooperation and, on the contrary, counteraction in achieving settlement. He spoke on the inadmissibility of incompetent comments and providing information in these statements.
"War is never a solution," Fassier stressed adding that it will not be a reasonable settlement for Azerbaijan as well.
Fassier reminded French President Nikolas Sarkozy's words that the states cannot change their addresses. Armenia's, Karabakh's and Azerbaijan's geographical positions did not change before and after the war. Thus, it is better to establish contacts and build good neighborly relations, he added.
On summing up, Fassier paid great importance to Nagorno-Karabakh's participation in the negotiation process.
- 1851 Birth, in Samsoon of Arpiar Arpiaryan (writer and public figure). He died in 1908 in Cairo (Egypt).
- 1912 In Constantinople, the Armenian National Assembly decides to raise the Armenian Question in London at the conference of ambassadors.
- 1917 The Gevorgyan Academy closes in Echmiadsin.
- 1920 The Revolutionary Committee of the Soviet Socialist Republic of Armenia decrees the dissolution of the Russian Empire's legal assembly within the frontiers of Soviet Armenia. The assembly was introduced by the temporary government of the Transcaucasian Seim and Armenia's Dashnak government.
- 1964 Movses Arazi (writer) dies in Yerevan. He was born in 1878.