ARMENIAN OPPOSITION PARTY WILL HAVE AMPLE REPRESENTATION IN PARLIAMENT - PARTY MP
- YEREVAN. - The parliamentary opposition Heritage Party will have a fairly ample representation in the next parliament, Heritage MP Armen Martirosyan stated during a press conference on Wednesday. In his words, Heritage's objective is not just having seats at the Parliament, but solving serious problems.
And with respect to the proposal to form a united platform, with interested political forces and to offer changes in the Electoral Code (EC), in order to hold free and fair elections, Armen Martirosyan said they, together with parliamentary opposition ARF Dashnaktsutyun Party, had developed EC proposals. "And even though we did not receive the non-parliamentary opposition's support at the time, I also believe that, by being in the opposition, we cannot allow us the luxury of not accepting the offer from any opposition, if taking a positive step in that direction. I believe this [non-parliamentary opposition Armenian National Congress' proposal] can be discussed," Armen Martirosyan maintained.
- 1851 Birth, in Samsoon of Arpiar Arpiaryan (writer and public figure). He died in 1908 in Cairo (Egypt).
- 1912 In Constantinople, the Armenian National Assembly decides to raise the Armenian Question in London at the conference of ambassadors.
- 1917 The Gevorgyan Academy closes in Echmiadsin.
- 1920 The Revolutionary Committee of the Soviet Socialist Republic of Armenia decrees the dissolution of the Russian Empire's legal assembly within the frontiers of Soviet Armenia. The assembly was introduced by the temporary government of the Transcaucasian Seim and Armenia's Dashnak government.
- 1964 Movses Arazi (writer) dies in Yerevan. He was born in 1878.