BMW HITS POLE, BURSTS INTO FLAME IN YEREVAN
- YEREVAN. - A BMW was destroyed by fire as a result of an accident that occurred in the Armenian capital Yerevan, in the early hours of Wednesday.
A firefighting squad was dispatched to the scene, and subsequently the fire was extinguished.
The BMW, which belonged to Yerevan resident H. Hayrapetyan (born in 1984), hit a pole, for yet unknown reasons, and, consequently, it was completely destroyed by fire.
The driver, Hayrapetyan, received injuries and went to the hospital on his own. According to the physicians, the injured is in satisfactory condition, Ministry of Emergency Situations Press Service informed Armenian News-NEWS.am.
- 1851 Birth, in Samsoon of Arpiar Arpiaryan (writer and public figure). He died in 1908 in Cairo (Egypt).
- 1912 In Constantinople, the Armenian National Assembly decides to raise the Armenian Question in London at the conference of ambassadors.
- 1917 The Gevorgyan Academy closes in Echmiadsin.
- 1920 The Revolutionary Committee of the Soviet Socialist Republic of Armenia decrees the dissolution of the Russian Empire's legal assembly within the frontiers of Soviet Armenia. The assembly was introduced by the temporary government of the Transcaucasian Seim and Armenia's Dashnak government.
- 1964 Movses Arazi (writer) dies in Yerevan. He was born in 1878.