© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1772 Birth of Hakob Shahen-Jrpetyan (armenologist) in Urfa. He died in 1837 In Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1912 Hovhannes Toomanyan heads the Caucasian Association of Armenian writers in Tbilissi (Georgia).
- 1915 The Turkish government cancels the Armenian Reforms Project, signed on 1914 02 08.
- 1917 The People's Commissariat of Soviet Russia (headed by Lenin), appoints Shahoomyan (President of the Baku Commune) as temporary extraordinary commissar for Caucasian affairs.
- 1955 Death of psychiatrist and professor, K. Aghajanian.
- 1966 Adoption, by the United Nations, of the International Covenant on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. Both documents establish that All peoples have the right of self-determination. (Article One).