UNDERSTOOD GORIK GURGENICH RIGHT
- The leader of the Armenian National Congress did not reveal during the event of the Independence Day whether he will run in the next presidential election despite the efforts of the journalists.On September 20 the leader of the Heritage Party Raffi Hovannisian made a history-making speech. It was expected and even hinted that Raffi would announce his decision to run or not to run in the presidential election. However, no statement came.The Prosperous Armenia Party's statements on the presidential election end in the template "don't ask me anything, I will not say anything". This topic is a taboo for the members of the party.The Armenian Revolutionary Federation has no answer either. Generally, if there is a political force, especially if it is in parliament, it is expected to have certain positions, plan of actions, especially ahead of elections. The present position of the parties would be understood if the election was not so close. Nominations start in a month. What are the political forces waiting for? Permission from outside? A force majeure in Armenia provoked from outside? Or are they waiting for the decision of Kocharyan? Or maybe Serzh Sargsyan's recommendations? Perhaps, the latter is more realistic because most probably they have understood the meaning of Serzh Sargsyan's task to Gorik Hakobyan, the head of the National Security Service, correctly. In addition, the task came twice, following Safarov's case and in the context of kickbacks. After all, the Armenian political class is the "consequence" of kickback, and is sustained by kickback, both economic and political, the second being percentage of seats in parliament.It is possible, of course, that the political forces are preparing a surprise for the voters. However, it is hard to expect a positive surprise, considering the inclination of the Armenian political class for deals, intrigues and conformism. Instead, they can give an unpleasant surprise as often as you want and they have proved to be good at it. They continue to prove it by creating the touching act of "national unity".In fact, the surprise of the political forces will be in the framework of national unity and the assignment to Gorik Hakobyan.It is often said that the Armenian political class is not adequate to foreign and internal developments. It has caused a mess, inability to make decisions, obedience to foreign masters and deals, which explains the guerilla behavior of the political forces. Meanwhile, guerillas were destroyed from both the rear and the front because they were just a bugbear for both their friends and foes. Haik Aramyan
© AUAToday in Armenian history
- 1722 The Armenian-Georgian forces unite on Cholak field near Gandzak and await the advancing Russian forces.
- 1842 Birth of Alexander Yeritsyan (historian) in Tbilissi (Georgia). He died in 1902.
- 1918 The Bolshevik "Word" newspaper is issued in Yerevan.
- 1920 The Turkish army starts its offensive against Eastern Armenia.